4/29/2013

What Comes In A Day Rate?


For people planning or just starting out with photography as a business, one of the big item questions is what to charge or how much?

For the answer we turn to the pros who are actually making a living doing what they love.

Just came across Zack Arias "Photography Q&A on tumblr, where a follower asked what's included in Zach's day rate.

His response:

My “day rate” or sometimes I refer to it as a “creative fee” typically includes my time and minor post production. By minor I mean color corrections, contrast, removal of dust spots, etc. It usually includes basic travel if it’s within the city of Atlanta where I’m based. Assistants, crew, gear rental (if needed), heavier post production, mileage or travel costs, etc are then added as line items in addition to my day rate.
The time I need for post is typically part of that “day rate”. 
Oh… usage is another line item. Usage isn’t typically included in my rate.

That's valuable information.

Go to Zack's Photography Q&A for more useful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment