4/26/2013

QUOTE: Genevieve Lauren Burruss / The Way We Click Photography

Sometimes I ask myself, why get into the business of photography? Why would people spend money on a professional photographer when, nowadays, everyone's a photographer? Here's why... in the words of Genevieve Lauren Burruss:
"Photography is a luxury item in our world, not a necessity, and so for many people the money they invest in hiring a photographer to capture their family portrait, their new baby, their engagement, their 50th birthday party, or their wedding, is precious. As a photographer you are responsible for telling that families story in a way that preserves the joy in their lives for all future generations to come..." - Genevieve  Lauren Burruss, The Way We Click Photography
I may have taken the quote out of context (it is from her Open Letter To A Thief)... but the message in these few sentences just resonates with me. It serves as an inspiration to pursue the craft. Make mistakes and learn from them. Improve and strive to set myself apart from the "good enough" crowd so that I can stand behind my product and paying clients can have the peace of mind that the money they spent on a luxury item was money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment