4/24/2013

The Next Best And Easiest Place To Photograph Flowers

Spring just makes me want to photograph flowers as a personal project. When I want to photograph flowers I used to think of driving to a botanical garden. But sometimes when I think about driving, especially on a weekend, I think, "no way".

Then it occurred to me, there's a place about a couple of blocks from my house... our local nursery. And that's what I did the other weekend. After doing some errands, my daughter and I stopped by Lowe's Bayshore Nursery and Garden Center.

Lowe's Bayshore Nursery and Garden Center. Stevensville, MD.


Of course, I didn't just walk in and started shooting away to my heart's content. After all it's a business and there were other customers. I asked permission from the manager, Adrienne (who is also going to be my 5 of 100 for my 100 Strangers Project, coming up next).

There were a variety of subjects but here are my favorites.

Technical Info: 50mm 1.8, Aperture priority set mostly at 1.8 to get the yummy bokeh.


Hens and Chickens

Saucer Magnolia

Pocketbook Plant

Gerber Daisy

Daffodil

Verbena

Tulip

Thank you Adrienne for letting me take the photos and also for helping me identify the flowers.


For more Lowes Bayshore flower shots, check out the Flora album on the PointShoot Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment